Monday, March 26, 2012

Nursery: Complete!

Wow, what a productive weekend we had! I have to say my nerves are settling a little. After that shower, we had soooo000 much stuff, and everything was disorganized and cluttered which my body doesn't deal with very well. But my parents came down to help us organize, clean, and get everything put up and put away. We seriously couldn't have done it without them! They arrived at like 9pm on Friday night, Derek couldn't come because he had a church retreat, and it was his birthday! We were sad we couldn't celebrate with him this year, but next year for sure!

Saturday, we all woke up early to get things started. My mom and I organized and washed all the baby clothes, bedding, and toys, while Dave and Brad did manly stuff like hang curtains and ceiling fans. Those were two VERY big jobs and we are so lucky to have Dave help us! He is like Bob Villa, he seriously knows how to do all that handy stuff and now he is teaching Brad! :) YAY! We didn't stop working until about 5pm. Then my grandparents, Carl and Dorothy, came over for a bbq to celebrate Grandpa Carl's 86th birthday. They were able to see the finished nursery and we all had some great brats and burgers by "Brad, the grillman." He never disappoints!

On Sunday, my parents took off and Brad and I did a few finishing touches on the nursery, then relaxed the rest of the day. Todd and Tina brought Tatum over later on that night to swing! She had a lot of fun here, as did we! :) We all went to El Azteca for dinner and boy did that hit the spot. What a great weekend!

Thanks again mom and Dave for helping us with everything, you don't know how much we appreciated it and needed it!

Here are some pics of our finished product:











4 comments:

  1. The nursery looks awesome!! You guys did a great job! Baby Cane is going to love his room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the nursery Ash! It looks awesome!!! PS..Keegyn has that same peek-a-boo bear!! She loves it! (Is Cane the name??!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I know, that Teddy is sooo cute!! Nope, his name is not cane, our nickname for him right now is "Baby Hurricane." It's from How I Met your mother :)

      Delete
  3. I wasn't thinking it would be, cuz I thought you had wanted to keep it a surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete