Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Could it be....Spring!?

Hello All!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend soaking up this wonderful, balmy weather! I just hope it lasts. I have washed my hands of winter and am just looking forward to opening up the windows again.

Brad and I had a really nice weekend. We relaxed on Friday and just went out to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. We were home early and in bed early because Saturday we had an all-day express baby class. And wow, talk about 6 weeks of information into one class. But it was very educational for us, it also made everything feel so real. We got a tour of our hospital, the hospital rooms we will be delivering in and staying in as well as a peek into the little nursery where our little one will soon be hanging out! We learned a lot, but as our instructor told us, "A manual comes with everything you will get for the baby except for the baby itself." But we are excited to tackle our new role as parents, hopefully we will do okay! :)

We got home from class at about 4:30 and I hurried up and quick changed to go out for my friend MaKenzie's bachelorette party. The party was good! We all wore sequin shirts, had good food and drinks (N/A for me) sang a little karaoke, and danced the night away! Although for me, not much dancing...my center of gravity is a little off. My friends Laura and Kathryn ended up crashing at my place and we were up until 4am with the time change! I haven't done that since college, and being pregnant doesn't make it much easier, but it was still a good time!

Sunday, a few of us went out for brunch then Brad and I headed to Babies "R" Us to pick up our new glider for the nursery! It fit perfectly and is so comfortable....Brad and I have just been occasionally sitting in it, breaking it in for many hours and long nights soon to come.

Last night we put together our stroller as well. We have been doing baby projects one by one the last couple of weeks. It's amazing how time-consuming everything is and how much a little baby needs! (or at least how much we think he needs.) But we have been loving every minute of it. I hit 30 weeks on Monday so I have officially 10 weeks left give or take. Yay for the home stretch!

This weekend I am heading to Hibbing for my big family shower! I am really excited to see all my family, it's been awhile! :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment