Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Little About Us

Hello All!

Welcome to our new "family" blog. We decided to start a blog on our upcoming family. There will be a lot of moments coming up in life that we will want to jot down and remember and we thought it would be a nice way to share with friends and family as well as keep it for a diary, so to speak, for ourselves.

As most of you know, Brad and I got married on October 22nd, 2010 after a long, long, (can I repeat) LONG, history. It was one of the happiest days in life and we cherish all of you that were there to help us celebrate.

In mid September, we found out we were pregnant. It was very exciting news! It was so fun to tell the grandparents and all our friends and family. This will be the very first grandchild on my side and the 3rd grandchild on Brad's side. Brad's brother and sister-in-law (BJ and Jessica) have 2 adorable kids already, Brayden (2) and Brooklyn (2 weeks.)

Right now, I am 17 weeks along in the pregnancy. We are due May 21st, 2012. The first 3 months were very rough. I had horrible morning, noon and night sickness and had a hard time keeping things down. However, everyone tells me it's worth it in the end and finally these last two weeks I have been feeling much better. Thanks to everyone who had to listen to me complain :) Especially Brad, he's been really wonderful during the pregnancy so far helping out around the house, reading his baby books, and preparing for our next big step in life.

Currently Brad is still working at TCF Bank in Arden Hills. I recently just took a new job with a former colleague of mine from Thomson Reuters. He started his own web site business based out of Phoenix, AZ called Morris Web Marketing and I am his full-time designer. The best part of this job is I get to work from home. This will be huge with much needed flexibility after we have the baby. We are very fortunate!

Anyways, we are really looking forward to these next couple months (and years!) We hope you all enjoy :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far. Thanks for reading!

Ashley and Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment