Monday, December 19, 2011

Eating for Two


I really hope the phrase "Eating for Two" counts during pregnancy, because after this weekend, it felt like I was eating for five! Brad and I had a great weekend full of delicious dining.

Round 1: Friday night, we met my cousin Laura and her boyfriend Ryan at the Holidazzle parade in downtown Minneapolis. I was really looking forward to it because we don't get downtown too much these days so it was a little treat. (Side note: Laura and I showed up wearing the exact same hat and mittens, we got a kick out of that, can you tell we are related?) The parade was great! It wasn't too cold and the floats were all beautifully decorated with different themes and gorgeous lights. The parade lasted about a half an hour, then we had dinner at Zelo. It was soooo good. We started off with fried calamari then each of us ended up getting some sort of pasta dish. We all kept taking bites of each others because everything seriously tasted amazing! We are definitely going back. After dinner Laura and Ryan decided to stay out a little longer. I am sure Brad would have loved to as well, but it was 9:30 by this time and way past my bedtime. Those of you that know me know this is a very true statement! So Brad and I went home and got to bed at a decent hour. We are getting so old :)

Round 2: Saturday, we woke up bright and early. I ran some wedding errands with my friend MaKenzie that morning. We ended up eating lunch at the 1029 bar in Northeast Minneapolis. This bar is definitely a hole in the wall, but oh so wonderful! Believe it or not, they are known for....their lobster! For those of you who are familiar with Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, this bar had Guy Fieri visit two weeks ago and the episode will be airing in about 4 weeks. Mak and I just had to try the lobster so we got their famous lobster roll, the lobster mac & cheese and a side of french fries. We shared it all but the mac and cheese was by far our favorite. We mingled with the locals for awhile then headed home after that. I was so full I took a nice nap after :) The joys of being pregnant!

Round 3: Later that night, dinner was approaching and Brad and I had no plans so we went and met Brad's friend Riz, his wife Ashley and their little girl Addison for dinner at BD's Mongolian BBQ. At this place you basically make your own dish of stir fry and they cook it right in front of you. They also have a "build your own" burger bar as well. Brad must have been really hungry that night because he did both! Needless to say, we left that restaurant "stuffed" AGAIN.

Round 4: On Sunday, we met our friend's, Tina, Todd and their little girl Tatum, at Green Mill. We wanted to give Tatum her Christmas present and what better to do then meet for brunch! By this time, we were definitely hungry again. This brunch was amazing! They had pizza, pastas, salads, desserts, bacon, cheesy hashbrowns and much more! They also had a bloody mary bar option, but of course, I couldn't partake :(

After we got home I took yet another nap and Brad watched the Vikings. You'd think we would seriously be done eating by the end of this weekend, but no, we threw in a roast and potatoes for dinner. I promise we aren't like this all the time! But I guess if you are pregnant, you totally have a good excuse :)

We are really looking forward to spending time with family this next weekend at Christmas! Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

1 comment:

  1. I just got done with lunch, but after reading your blog, I feel like I could eat again :-) Enjoy dining out now because it takes a little more coordination with a baby :-)

    ReplyDelete