Wednesday, December 28, 2011

3 Days of Christmas!

Well, it's sad to say, but Christmas has come and gone yet again. Why does it always happen so fast? We had a wonderful Christmas this year! This year Brad's parents went to Phoenix to have Christmas with BJ and Jess, so Brad and I headed up north to spend Christmas with my family or should I say "families."

Friday we headed up around 11ish...the roads weren't too good leaving the cities but we made it (thanks to the good ole' Sonata)! We went to my dad's that night because it was my sister Cheyenne's 16th birthday, and yes, she did pass her driver's test that morning. Way to go Chey! We weren't really worried...she's been driving since she was 12, but that's what dirt roads are for, right! We went to dinner that night at Riverside then came home and opened all our presents. I say "all" because once my little sister Rainie got started, she couldn't stop! Everyone got some really great gifts, including the baby!

Saturday, we woke up early and just relaxed. We all watched the Vikings game together, and they actually won for a change. Later that afternoon, we headed on to the Versich Christmas Eve party and wow, was it a party! We had our famous dish "BaccalĂ ." I couldn't get enough of it...baby must love salt and garlic! Later that night they pulled out the karaoke machine, I couldn't get my mom away from the mic...she must have sang about 10 songs, it was fun though. Eventually by about 9pm, I got everyone home safe. We opened more presents with my mom, Dave, Derek, Brad and me, we got spoiled as usual :) But we had a great time!

Sunday morning, we woke up and made it to 11am mass. This was surprising granted my brother Derek usually sleeps in until about 1 or 2. Then we got home and opened all our presents from Santa. Brad, me, and Derek must have been really good this year because we all got a lot of nice gifts from him!

After gift opening, we all took a much needed nap...the holidays sure wear you out! Later that afternoon, my mom and I made her famous shrimp alfredo dish in order to get ready for our new "Italian" Christmas theme at my Auntie Pam and Uncle Tim's house. We headed there around 4 to eat and open MORE presents. Our family goes a little overboard, but we do love it. We did our annual Secret Santa gift opening, then ended up watching home videos until 11pm! This was a late one for me and my Grandma Rose, but we made it :) I guess time flies when you are having fun!

Monday we just packed up and headed home....Christmas just goes by way too fast. We are truly blessed to have all our family, healthy and happy. We love you all!

PS: the first thing I did when I got home was purchase a new Christmas tree...on to next year!

Happy New Year everyone!



The fam!


Tazer is all tuckered out.






The "pets," as Gram would say.




The Marsh clan!








Derek and Misty.


Brad's new Uggs, Tom Brady style.




Cute one Madge.


My hubby.


Brother and sister!






Sisters!



1 comment:

  1. you guys are so cute :-) i like you little baby bumper :-)

    ReplyDelete