Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wait, Brody was born?

It is now 5 months later and I realized how terrible I have been at keeping up this blog when I was so good about it during my pregnancy! I guess I had a little more time on my hands back then when I had no baby to attend to and I spent most of my days working at home!

Wow. Things have sure changed in this household! My October resolution is to start blogging again. I enjoy it and I truly want to keep it up and look back on my entries and photos someday.

So as you all know, Brody came into this world on Sunday, May 20th, 2012. That day was the most amazing day Brad and I could have ever imagined. Saturday was a tough one, we won't go through the gory details of the labor, but all in all it was worth the 27 hours! :)

We had a healthy LARGE baby boy! 10 lbs 21.5 inches with reddish hair! :)

He has truly been the best little addition to our family and we have loved every minute of him. We had a SUPER busy summer for just having an infant but we made it through. We spent a lot of time traveling to Hibbing so Brody could meet all his relatives and we even made a trip to Wisconsin Dells with the Willis fam. It was Brody's 1st big trip in a hotel! He did really good! :)

I took a new job at the end of August with Best Buy so that was a big change. It was hard leaving Brody after spending 3 great months with him, but I was actually looking forward to going back to work.

The fall has been really fun too! Brody grows so much everyday. He recently started eating solids now so we have been giving him rice cereal and are slowly starting to add in some different baby foods. It's so fun to see his expressions!

Brad has been so natural in his daddy role! He just loves his little boy so much. I couldn't ask for a better husband and partner in this whole craziness of parenting! We don't have the best sleeper so Brad and I have been adjusting to living each day extremely sleep deprived!

Brad and I are looking forward to celebrating our 2 year anniversary this weekend. We are heading to Duluth for a few nights and Grandma Lisa is going to take Brody and give us 2 nights off. We are looking forward to 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep!

Anyways, I promise to start keeping up on this. My apologies if you were one of our dedicated readers! :)

Until next time,

Brad and Ashley




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your upcoming two nights of SLEEP! Jealous :)
    And looking forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad and Ash,

    Please see my comment from your very 1st blog post as I didn't know where to put it so you'd see it.

    I guess I have ANOTHER cousin, huh? :-)

    Your Michigan Cousin

    ReplyDelete